Lincoln LOVES books and so we went with a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" slash "Eric Carle" theme. I put up streamers, balloons, and hung the covers to all of Lincoln's Eric Carle books on the walls. We sent out caterpillar invitations, had a caterpillar theme cake, and a big buffet of food. We fit a whole lot of family into our house... cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents.
We set up a big buffet of of taco soup & all the fixings and I made a chocolate cake with mint oreo filling and chocolate frosting. That didn't go with the theme though, so I covered it in white fondant and decorated it with circles & a fondant caterpillar. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, though Lincoln wouldn't oblige us by making a mess when he ate his cake. He kept pretty clean as he tried to eat very precisely with his spoon... LOL, like father like son I guess!
We ate, we talked, we laughed, and Lincoln was in awe of the hub-bub that comes with lots of cousins! It was a fun night.

My streamer masterpiece
More decorationsGood thing Lincoln had some cousins to help open his presents.
He's hiding somewhere in the background of that melee!
He's hiding somewhere in the background of that melee!
1 comments:
I am so impress with your decorating skills. It looks like Lincoln had a great birthday.
That is such a cute video of him dusting. Christian gets out dish cloths all the time but he just throws them on the floor.
Love,
Heather
Post a Comment