- Jon: 21 yr. old telemarketer & Rasta enthusiast
- Jenny: 28 yr. old former teacher & Food Network aficionado
The Challenge:
- Pick a theme for your cake design from the official "Hat o' Themes" that was filled with the help of Mel & Shell.
- Using the communal (and limited) cake decorating supplies frost & decorate a 8-inch round cake in under 10 minutes.
- The cakes will be judged on three criteria: Technique, originality, and adherence to theme.
Entry # 1: Jenny Chosen Theme: Space Camp
Description: "The first thought that popped into my head was to use a spaceship in some way. I didn't have time to to do any elaborate piping, but by putting on smooth base coat of frosting I was able to fashion a rocket ship out of M&M's and add piped stars and a little bit of a border. The candles as the rocket boosters was a last minute inspiration."

Entry #2: Jon Chosen Theme: High School Sports Injuries
Description: "It's basically a football field made of red licorice sting and green icing. I have no idea how Jenny got the icing smooth because all we had was a plastic spoon & plastic butter knife. I did pink on the sides and white on the top. I sculpted football players with toothpicks & gumdrops, as well as a football. If you look close you'll see one of the players is actually held in a freeze-frame type position diving for the football which is soaring into the endzone. I even fashioned a pair of rudimentary goalposts with candles & candy."

1 comments:
Jen one of these days I am going to "steal" the rocket ship cake idea. Its such a good one.
Post a Comment